The Town of Morrisville currently has seven Boards and Committees, each offering citizens a chance to be involved in the Town's decision-making processes by providing input on important matters to Town Council. There are openings on four of the seven:
• Environment and Stormwater (MESC): This committee is dedicated to community education about recycling and stormwater. It provides Council with information needed to make decisions on waste, recycling, stormwater and sustainability.
• Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Advisory Committee (PRCRAC): This committee leads the development of long-range recreational plans, and suggests improvements of recreational and cultural facilities and programs.
• Senior Advisory Committee (SAC): This committee promotes the safety, well-being and quality of life for the seniors of the town.
• Public Safety (PSAC): This committee examines ideas and reports on methods and concepts to protect and improve citizens’ health, safety and welfare and the peace and dignity of Town.
• Planning and Zoning Board (PZB): This board serves as an advisory body to the Morrisville Town Council and deals with land use, zoning, and development issues. A resident who lives in the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) is needed to represent this portion of Morrisville.
The time commitment and attendance requirements vary by committee and are based on meeting schedule and/or a committee's quasi-judicial status. Please click to here to view all attendance requirements.
The application period, for service starting in January 2018, is now open and will end at midnight on Wednesday, October 31, 2017.
If you are interested in serving, visit: https://morrisville.granicus.com/boards/forms/350/apply. If you have any questions about the application process, e-mail TownClerk@TownOfMorrisville.org.